- Engine / Horsepower : New Catepillar or Cummins Engine w/extended warranty / 630 HP
- Fan : Optional Reversing Fan
- Clutch : Fluid Coupling
- Mill Cylinder : 26″x48″ or 28″x50″ with 1/2″ or 3/8″ thick discs
- Hammers (Standard Layout) : Set of 84, 3/8″ thick – Other sizes available, Hammer Swing = 360°
- Mill hammer pins : 6 pins – each pin is 1-1/4″ in diameter
- Mill : Tube Construction, Shaft: 5-1/2″, Bearing Size: 3-15/16″ Pillow Block
- Screen Size : Numerous sizes – whole or half screen
- Tub : Diameter: 9′ (Interior), Walls: 10 ga., 1/4″ Floor, Number of Rollers: 8
- Tub Drive : Hydraulic motor drive with No. 2100 heavy duty chain, self adjusting
- Elevator dimensions : 25′ long x 24″ WIDE, SWINGING, FOLDING AND LAYS OVER THE TUB
- Elevator drive : Top drive via hydraulic motor
- Discharge auger : 14″ diameter
- Dimensions (Transport/Folded Up) : Length: 51’2″, Width: 11’10”, Height: 13’9″
- Weight : Approximately 69,500 pounds
The Mighty Giant Model 5600 is a production model grinder with a hydraulic fork as standard equipment, allowing the operator to control the entire grinder from the relative comfort of the Operator’s Control Center. The 25′ long, top-driven, folding elevator swings from side to side, for ease of use in grinding into piles, buildings or trucks. The tub opens hydraulically for easy access to the hammers and screens – eliminating the need to climb in and out of the tub. The Mighty Giant comes equipped with your choice of Caterpillar or Cummins Engines 630 HP, featuring 5-Year extended engine warranty coverage. You get more than 40 years of hands-on, in-the-field experience in every Mighty Giant we build.
Standard on every Mighty Giant – from the PTO Model to the Hydrafork – is the hydraulic opening tub for easy access to the mill, hammers and screens.
- Tub Operation is controlled by an electronically-operated hydraulic governor.
- Tub is hydraulically chain-driven with variable speed and reverse.
- Tub opens hydraulically for access to screens
- Elevator drives from the top with rubber lagged pulley.
- Hammers are reversible and have 4 hard-surfaced corners.
- Worry free 14″ high-capacity discharge auger.
- Designed for use with all types of forage materials
- Built on tube frame
- Deluxe cab with heat and air conditioning.
- Operator controls feeding rate, tub speed, engine speed and elevator from the cab.
- Reversing Fan available.
RECOMMENDED TRUCKS FOR HYDRAFORK TRUCK MOUNT MODEL 5600
- Western Star (Logging Truck Style)
- Automatic Transmission – Clutch Pedal with auto shift
- Manual transmission – Rockwell – NO SPICER
- Kenworth T600, T800, T900 (Logging Truck Style)
- Must have 16,000- 20,000 Lb. Front End to be Road Legal
- Must have Tri-Axle, Full Lockers (Due to Weight Requirements)
- If NOT Air Ride suspension – use Rubber Pad. (No Spring Ride)
- If Air Ride suspension – can NOT be an 8 Bag set up