- CATERPILLAR ENGINE WITH EXTENDED ENGINE WARRANTY, OTHER ENGINE OPTIONS AVAILABLE
- Suspension : Truck suspension provided by customer (must meet specifications needed for proper mounting)
- Mill : 26” x 48” or 28” x 50” or 28” x 56” with 5″ or 5 1/2″ shaft
- Bearing: 3 15/16” pillow block bearings
- Hammers : 3/8” thick or 1/2” thick or 3/4” thick
- Number of Hammers : Varies with mill size and specifications
- Hammer Pins : 6 pins
- Pin Size: 1-1/4” diameter
- Mill Disks : 3/8” thick or 1/2” thick or 3/4” thick
- Tub Floor Walls : Floor – 1/4” Wall – 10 Gauge
- TUB DRIVE: HYDRAULIC MOTOR WITH HEAVY DUTY CHAIN
- Elevator : 24” Wide Hydraulic folding and lays over the top of the tub
- Elevator Drive : Hydraulic motor with chain drive to rubber lagged pulley on top end of elevator
- Discharge Auger : 14” diameter
In 1982, we built our first Truck Mounted grinder. The Mighty Giant truck mounted grinders have evolved over the years since the first one was built. As always, these units are designed for heavy duty commercial use and are built with the customer in mind. We mount the grinder right on the customer’s truck chassis. The tub tilts hydraulically (something we’ve been doing for over 50 years) for easy access to the hammers and screens. A multi-function remote control system is standard on the Model 3600 grinders. Screens are available in a wide range of sizes, with custom configurations available because we fabricate our own screens. The Model 3600 units are equipped with a Caterpillar engine. These engines are covered with Caterpillar’s 5 year/5000 hour Extended Service Coverage. The 14” discharge auger under the mill allows trouble-free grinding with less mess under the machine.
Standard on every Mighty Giant – from the PTO Model to the Hydrafork – is the hydraulic opening tub for easy access to the mill, hammers and screens.
- Tub opens hydraulically for servicing and changing screens.
- Tub Operation is controlled by an electronically-operated hydraulic governor.
- Tub Is hydraulically chain-driven with variable speed and reverse.
- Trouble free High-capacity 14″ discharge auger.
- Elevators drive from the top with rubber lagged pulley.
- Hydraulically raise, lower, swing and fold the discharge elevator.
- Hammers are reversible and have 4 hard-surfaced corners.
- Capable of Grinding any type of Forage, Grain or Wood
- Highest capacity, most durable Grinder available.
- Remote Control Standard for Tub Start/Stop Elevator Raise/Lower/Swing.