- Power: Model 2300 – Customer supplied electric motor, Model 3300 – Choice of Caterpillar C15 or Caterpillar C18
- Clutch: Model 3300 – Fluid Coupling
- Size of mill cylinder: Model 2300 – 26” x 48”, Model 3300 – Choice of 26” x 48” or 28” x 50” or 28” x 56”
- Mill shaft diameter: 5”
- Mill bearing size: 3 15/16” pillow block bearings
- Number of hammers: Varies with mill size and specifications
- Hammer Size: 3/8” or 1/2”
- Hammer Swing: 360 Degrees
- Number of mill pins: 6
- Mill pin size: 1 ¼” diameter
- Mill disk thickness: 3/8” or 1/2”
- Mill base: Constructed of rectangular tube with 3/8” plate auger trough sides and formed 10 ga. auger trough
- Tub floor and walls: 12 ga.
- Tub drive: Hydraulic motor with Heavy Duty Chain
- Number of tub rollers: 8
- Elevator size: 24” wide
- Elevator drive: Hydraulic motor with chain drive to rubber lagged pulley on top end of elevator
- Discharge auger: 14” diameter
- Screen size: Various sizes – Round hole or Slot style
If you’re looking for a machine to grind your grain or forage in a permanent setting, then our line of stationary grinders is just what you will need. The Mighty Giant stationary grinders are set up like all of our grinders, with the customer in mind. If you are wanting to grind strictly grain, the tub is replaced with a grain hopper to feed the grain directly into the machine’s mill. Both units come with a 14” discharge auger under the mill which allows trouble free grinding with less mess under the machine.
Our Model 2300 is similar to our Model 2015 without the axles and is powered with an electric motor supplied by the customer. Support frame is built onto the machine to make it ready to set into place.
The next in line for the stationary grinders, Model 3300, is similar to our Power Unit Models which are powered with an engine. The unit is equipped with a Caterpillar engine. These engines are covered with Caterpillar’s 5 year / 5000 hour Extended Service Coverage. The customer provides the stationary fuel tank. Supports replace the axles and hitch and are set up to be ready to place the machine on the customer’s platform.
- Tub opens hydraulically for servicing and changing the screens.
- Tub hydraulic system uses a variable displacement hydrastat pump with electronic speed control for forward and reverse. Tub is chain driven.
- Trouble free high capacity 14” discharge auger
- Uses a rigid elevator that drives from the top with a rubber lagged pulley.
- Elevators hydraulically raise and lower, and hydraulically swing side to side to make a wider pile or to fill trucks.
- Hammers have hard surfacing on all 4 edges so that they can be turned 4 times to use all 4 corners.
- All engines have a heavy duty air filter system with a precleaner and a muffler on the exhaust system. All engines have a completely enclosed engine compartment.
- Jones Mfg. Co. purchases Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (Warranty) for 5 Years or 5000 hours on new Caterpillar engines
- Handheld remote control allows the operator to control tub and elevator functions from the loader tractor.